8601 Vineland Avenue
Orlando , FL 32821 Location map
Springhill Suites Orlando
Fraud Evaluation Tools for the Internal Auditor
The topic of fraud — whether it relates to awareness and prevention techniques, fraud auditing, recent frauds in corporate America, or the criminal mind — continue to be on the radar of investors, shareholders, and regulators. Although a recent fraud survey by Kroll Advisory found that the proportion of companies that suffered an incident declined from 75% last year to 61% in the current survey, it is acknowledged that fraud is anything but defeated. In addition, with ongoing technological advances in IT infrastructure, new and emerging fraud methods are continually being identified.
This course will provide a practitioner’s viewpoint to understanding and working with corporate fraud issues. It will illustrate real life concepts that can be applied in an organization wanting to solidify their anti-fraud programs. It will review concepts that will be outlined within a new book sponsored by the Institute of Internal Auditors Research Foundation and authored by seminar instructor, Lynn Fountain.
- The International Professional Practice Framework and the auditor’s responsibility towards fraud
- Fraud and its connection to the control environment and COSO 2013
- The internal auditor’s dilemma when investigating internal fraud
- Internal audit processes for conducting a fraud risk assessment for the company
- Methods for including fraud analysis and evaluation within each audit
- Evaluation vs. investigation – how to know when the table turns
- COSO 2013 – the critical component of monitoring activities related to fraud
- Reporting procedures for an effective fraud program
- Assessing a company’s fraud risk culture
- Performing a macro vs. a micro fraud risk assessment
- Utilizing the maturity model approach in conducting an assessment
- Prioritizing and executing risk assessment output
Note: Use coupon code 232082 and get 10% off on registration.
Don't wait to register for the Fraud Evaluation Tools for the Internal Auditor. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
Accounting and audit practitioners
CFOs /senior financial management
Compliance and ethics managers
Internal control professionals
Loss prevention and risk specialists
Operational risk managers
Business managers/ controllers
Exhibitor Information +