Today, in order to avoid astronomical fines for non-compliance, employers need to be ever so vigilant and diligent in their process. This webinar discussion will include a review of the penalties ICE and Office of Special Counsel (OSC) can impose. Additionally, the webinar will review paper versus electronic I-9 verification form and the common mistakes employers make in the process. The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has cracked down on companies suspected of hiring illegal workers and greatly increased their number of annual audits. Most recently, the Indian company Infosys was ordered to pay a record $34 million settlement after allegations of systematic visa fraud and abuse of immigration processes.
Why Should You Attend:
Employers are required to complete an I-9 form for every person they hire and to update these forms when necessary. Periodically, the DHS, the Department of Labor, and the Justice Department send notices of inspection to employers to audit their I-9 forms. If the I-9 forms are not completed correctly, an employer may be fined even if all their employees are legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
- Up-to-date I-9 compliance requirements
- Basic I-9 document review
- Recognize the effect of the new Form I-9 on hiring managers and field personnel
- Understand the new rules for acceptable documents used to verify employment eligibility
- E-Verify list - pros and cons
- Understand the impact the new Form I-9 will have on the use of E-Verify
- Conducting a self-audit of your I-9 process
- How to avoid the common errors and omissions including recordkeeping errors
- Update on upcoming ICE I-9 audits
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Understanding civil and criminal penalties
- Walking the fine line between vigilance and illegal overstep when seeking proof of citizenship
- Establish best practices for reducing risks and correcting errors when using the new Form I-9
- Completing Form I-9
- Storage and Retention
- The Big Picture
- Enrolment and Use
- Additional Information
Who Will Benefit:
- Payroll and Accounting Managers
- Payroll Processing Professionals
- Employers and Business Owners
- Human Resources Specialists and Managers
- E-Verify Users
- Anyone interested in learning about the Form I-9
Cathleen Hampton has more than 25 years of experience as a human resources professional providing subject matter expertise and consulting services in areas of risk and compliance, work force planning, and human capital strategy. She has a unique ability to analyze operations for risk and help maneuver cultural practices and compliance enhancements that increase organizational outcomes. She is a well-known speaker noted for presenting best-in-practice solutions focused on talent retention and operational strategies that outpaced major completion through strong and decisive business leadership.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
If the Form I-9 and E-Verify, Getting and Staying Compliant - By Compliance Global Inc. is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||06/29/2016 - 06/29/2016|
|Primary Industry:||Human Resources|
|Other Industries:||Business, Human Resources|
Payroll and Accounting Managers
Payroll Processing Professionals
Employers and Business Owners
Human Resources Specialists and Managers
Anyone interested in learning about the Form I-9
|Sponsorship Details:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.