Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
If you go 'off label' with advertising and promotion, you become embroiled in FDA's advertising and promotion requirements. For devices, the law is weak and lacks legal clarity. For drugs, the regulations are prescriptive and guidance documents clamp down on nuances. Marketing and regulatory affairs departments need to collaborate now more than ever before. Firms need to identify practical criteria to make marketing decisions. The big question is whether or not marketing managers and regulatory affairs managers will really try to reach common ground. FDA's Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) has never issued a comprehensive guidance on advertising and promotion. You are on your own. FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) uses long-standing regulations and a growing number of guidance documents in its regulatory approach. Policing social media has become a new regulatory responsibility. Bottom line, do you know when you are running afoul of FDA's requirements or are you guessing? Can you afford to guess? The cost to your business and the confusion left in your customer's mind becomes an unwelcomed nightmare.
With this seminar you will learn how to navigate FDA's numerous legal options and how to interpret them based on basic legal principles. Applying new guidance documents becomes a new test of the FDA's legal boundaries and enforcement options. The agency now applies the principles of cognitive psychology to aid in its determination of what a message really conveys. This academic discipline may or may not get to the root of what consumers take away as the message. What is more challenging is whether a consumer's mind makes its decisions on what it learns versus pre-existing emotional factors that may or may not be conscious.
- Learn how FDA faces constitutional constraints on enforcement decisions
- Learn about intersecting federal requirements by the Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Learn how the FDA interprets advertising and promotion in principle and in fact
- Understand ways that a firm violates FDA requirements
- Evaluate advertising and promotional material based on interactive group hypotheticals
- See how sales and marketing departments play a central role, for better or worse
- Learn how the federal government holds executive management responsible for missteps in promotion and advertising practices.
Who will Benefit:
- Sales and Marketing executives and managers
- Regulatory Managers
- In-house Legal Counsel and Contract Specialists
- 3rtd party consultants
- Venture Capitalists
- Business Acquisition Executives
- Owners of New or Developing Firms
- Own label distributors
- International Trade Managers
- Product specification developers
Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the FDA Scrutiny of Promotion and Advertising Practices? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||04/20/2017 - 04/21/2017|
|Conference/Event Hours:||8.30AM - 4.30PM|
|Other Industries:||Business, Marketing, Sciences|
|Audience:||Sales and Marketing executives and managers
In-house Legal Counsel and Contract Specialists
3rtd party consultants
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.