There are three key elements to a successful transition to a new role. The facts weigh in favor of the people who leverage a transition and see it as an opportunity. Whether the transition is a promotion, a reassignment, or a career choice, identifying the three elements improves the chance of a career win-win.
It is important to approach the new assignment in steps and have a plan to "learn" the job. In his book, The First Ninety Days, Michael Watkins outlines steps that a new leader needs to take to be successful.
Why Should You Attend:
In the current business environment, transitions to new roles and assignments can happen quickly and sometimes unexpectedly. Having a plan on how to approach the situation works for everyone.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
The three key elements are:
- Adopt an inner winner mindset
- Characteristics of inner winners
- Sharpening your emotional intelligence leadership
- Don’t step on your own toes
- Take time to self-promote your brand
- Assess the new position
- What technical knowledge is needed?
- Understand how it fits into the organizational structure types and process flows
- Meet key people
- Promote your brand
- Develop a 3 month and 6 month Plan
- Uncover the "informal organization chart" and the road blocks
- Identify your stakeholders
- Align your "team" and build your strategy
- Learn what a transition is
- Careers are no longer linear or predictable
- What is a role change – how can I make the most of it?
- A new role can be a promotion, a career change, or a reassignment
- Don’t let a “knee jerk reaction” of feeling trapped influence the "new" opportunity that has happened
- Learn how to successfully transition and leverage your strengths
Who Will Benefit:
- Individual Contributors
- HR professionals
- High Potentials
- Baby Boomers Generation
Valerie Pelan provides her clients a strategic and global perspective that combines her business experience with a current view of the competitive environment. As President of Integrated Focus, she provides executive coaching on leadership areas such as executive presence, career transitioning and leading change. Her breath of experience as a business advisor spans Fortune 100 companies, government agencies and non-profit Boards. Some of her recent clients are Hyatt, Novation, AAFES, PepsiCo, AT&T, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Perot Museum, and UTD Executive MBA program.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
If the Executive Presence, the key to transitioning successfully into a new role - By Compliance Global Inc. is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||08/16/2016 - 08/16/2016|
|Primary Industry:||General Business|
|Other Industries:||Business, General Business|
|Cost to Attend:||Live Session for one participant Price: $155.00|
Baby Boomers Generation
|Show Owner:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Sponsorship Details:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.