Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
Emergency Departments are experiencing increased national attention from the public, the media and the government for a variety of reasons. Natural disasters, evolving healthcare policies and laws, mass casualties, flu epidemics, and staff and drug shortages are all points of discussion and debate. On a more personal level, we are greeted with diagnostic, treatment and interpersonal challenges each day when we walk through the ED Entrance to work with the critically ill and injured.
The Emergency Care Summit conference offers you the opportunity to step out of the fast-paced ED environment and into a relaxed setting of learning and interaction. We will address a diverse set of topics and knowledge gaps, from resuscitation controversies to prescription drug abuse and street drugs, as well as hematologic emergencies and sepsis. Do you have questions about tricky 12-Lead ECG strips, or what to consider when managing an obstetric trauma patient? Our faculty and your colleagues will provide answers and problem-solving guidance to assist in working through challenging cases such as these and towards the best possible outcomes for our highly vulnerable patients.
Plan now to join your colleagues for this outstanding educational experience and well-deserved R&R from your busy practice. See you there!
Planning Committee Members
Helen F. Brown,
MS, BC-ACNP, BC-FNP
Carol A. Rauen,
MS, RN, CCNS, CCRN , PCCN , CEN
Robert H. Winokur,
Allen C. Wolfe, Jr.,
MSN, RN, CFRN, CCRN, CMTE
Senior Program Manager
This program will enable experienced emergency Care clinicians to:
- Adjust assessment, differential diagnosis and treatment approaches when managing the geriatric, pediatric or pregnant Emergency Department patient.
- Discuss lessons learned from past and recent mass casualty events, and suggest changes to further improve management and outcomes.
- Evaluate and manage hematologic emergencies including massive transfusions, DIC and the trauma triad.
- Demonstrate more effective communication techniques to decrease the incidence of errors.
- Identify strategies to work through escalating patient and family behavior-related situations.
- Discuss the ACLS Guidelines and what the latest resuscitation research is showing.
Highlights of the Conference Include:
- A number of "hot topics", issues you face daily in your emergency care setting, addressed in a variety of teaching formats including didactic sessions, faculty panels, Concurrent Sessions and interactive case study discussions.
- A stellar panel of faculty experts who will share their perspectives, insights and experiences in emergency care.
- Special attention by the faculty to the clinical applications of the information presented.
- Opportunity to collaborate and build professional relationships with peers from across the country.
- Evidence-based protocols and updates for the most common illnesses and injuries encountered in the ED.
- The glorious setting of Snowmass/Aspen and the Colorado Rocky Mountains, where you can combine outstanding education with time to relax, explore and take part in the many activities the area has to offer.
Who should attend?
- Physician Assistants
- Medical Directors
- Staff Nurses
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Managers<
- Transport Nurses<
- Respiratory Therapists
- Social Workers
- ...and anyone else interested in providing state-of-the-art, comprehensive care for critically ill and injured adults
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Emergency Care Summit.
|Conference/Event Dates:||07/21/2013 - 07/24/2013|
|Conference/Event Hours:||Full Day|
|Primary Industry:||Emergency Medicine|
|Other Industries:||Emergency Medicine, Professional Healthcare|
Clinical Nurse Specialists
...and anyone else interested in providing state-of-the-art, comprehensive care for critically ill and injured adults
|Venue:||Westin Snowmass Resort|
|Venue Phone:||(970) 923-8200|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Official Conference Hotel:||Westin Snowmass Resort|
|Conference Hotel URL:||official hotel URL|
|Number of Exhibitors:||0|
|Show Owner:||Contemporary Forums|
|Show Manager:||Jeannine Strunk|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.