This training program will offer best practices to ensure effective and compliant management of electronic business records. It will also discuss what the law and regulators demand when it comes to the compliant retention and disposition of email, text messages, social media posts, and other ESI.
Why Should You Attend:
- Are you confident your bank or financial services firm is retaining email, social media posts, and other electronic business records in compliance with the law, regulatory rules, and organizational guidelines?
- Failure to preserve, protect, and produce email, text messages, blogs, tweets, Facebook posts, and other electronic records in a timely and legally valid manner could result in a protracted lawsuit, costly court sanctions, or a regulatory audit. Could your financial institution survive a million-dollar penalty for record mismanagement?
Compliance with data breach notification laws, FDIC, E-Sign, and other laws and regulations is mandatory. Noncompliance could result in costly litigation, regulatory fines, security breaches, and damaged reputations. This webinar will reveal a seven-step strategy for the effective and compliant management of electronic business records.
- Learn how to ensure compliant management of electronic business records.
- Learn what constitutes an electronic business record and how to distinguish records from transitory messages.
- Learn what the law and regulators demand when it comes to the compliant retention and disposition of email, text messages, social media posts, and other ESI.
- Learn best practices to help ensure your record management program and e-discovery procedures are in compliance with federal and state law and industry and government regulations.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- How to ensure effective and compliant management of electronic business records in seven steps.
- What is an electronic business record?
- How to distinguish business records from transitory messages.
- What does the law demand when it comes to the retention and disposition of email, text messages, social media posts, and other ESI?
- What does the FDIC require when it comes to the management and maintenance of business records?
- What is E-Sign, and what does it legally require of financial institutions’ records?
- What are the record requirements of FFIEC, GLBA, FINRA, SEC, SOX, and other regulators?
- How does an e-records management program support your security/data breach strategy?
- Why and how to write effective, best practices-based electronic record retention policies.
- Why you must support your record retention policy with litigation hold rules.
- Why and how to determine record lifecycles and deletion schedules.
- E-discovery: Courts demand prompt production of compliant electronic evidence.
- Electronic evidence: How to ensure your electronic business records are legally valid.
- Educating employees about record retention rules and roles.
- Technology solutions: Best practices call for monitoring and archiving to help ensure compliance.
- Real-life disaster stories: Potentially costly consequences of business record mismanagement.
- Timely information, expert advice, best practices and compliance tips you can implement immediately.
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance officers
- Records managers
- IT professionals
- Risk managers
- Operations managers
- Others charged with preserving, protecting, and producing email and other forms of electronically stored information
A recognized expert on electronic policy, compliance, and communications, Nancy Flynn is founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute™. An international training and compliance management firm, The ePolicy Institute is dedicated to helping employers limit electronic risks, including litigation and regulatory investigations, through effective policy and employee education. The author of 13 books including The Social Media Handbook and The ePolicy Toolkit, Ms. Flynn is an in-demand speaker who conducts onsite and online training for banks, credit unions, financial services firms, legal professionals, and others worldwide. She also serves as an expert witness for the federal government and law firms engaged in email- and Internet- related litigation. Nancy Flynn has been featured by Fortune, Time, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, Forbes, BBC, NPR, ABC World News, CBS Early Show, CNN Anderson Cooper, and CNBC among other leading news organizations.
Federal and state law requires banks, credit unions, and brokerage firms to retain email, social media posts, and other electronically stored information (ESI) in compliance with e-discovery guidelines. The FDIC requires banks to retain electronic business records in adherence with the E-Sign Act. FFIEC, GLBA, FINRA, SEC, SOX, and other regulators have issued guidelines governing the financial industry’s retention of electronic business records. Many financial institutions have unwittingly established unlawful online banking and record retention programs in violation of the federal E-Sign Act and FDIC rules. Others are challenged by the legally compliant management of email and other forms of ESI. Thanks to mobile devices and social media, financial institutions and financial services firms face growing pressure (and confusion) when it comes to the compliant creation, retention, and disposition of business record email, social media posts, text messages, and other ESI.
Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Electronic Business Records: 7-Step Strategy for Effective and Compliant Record Management.
|Conference/Event Dates:||09/23/2016 - 09/23/2016|
|Conference/Event Hours:||10:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Other Industries:||Banking-Money-Finance, Business|
|Cost to Attend:||One Registration: $199|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.