Key Take Away:
This webinar will review the “Best Practices” of engaging employees and their spouses in healthier behavior through effective wellness strategies that also have incredible secondary benefits of engaging people in taking advantage of many other benefit solutions that are often available but struggle to get utilization.
What is good health to you? Most people would say, “Not having my health get in the way of doing what I want to do.” No one likes to feel sick. Our health is very directly tied to our happiness and most people want to be happy.
However, the truth is most people struggle with their health. The Gallop poll estimates that 6 out of 7 full time workers in America are either overweight or have a chronic health condition. Employers offer benefits to attract and retain good employees. What a wonderful benefit it is to offer your employees progress towards better health.
Why Should You Attend:
Offering health benefits to attract and retain good employees is often the 2nd largest cost of doing business, only second to wages. We spend 3 trillion dollars each year in America on healthcare which is twice as much as any other country per capita and yet we aren’t even in the top 20 countries in terms of health. The American healthcare industry is the largest industry in our economy and the 7th largest economy in the world.
Why does it cost so much?
Lack of market forces – The buyer and seller are so far apart that normal market forces don’t play their usual role is obtaining better value for a better price.
Financial incentives are all in the wrong direction – The entire industry makes more money the more things cost. The more procedures done, the more money everyone makes. No is aligned financially with the employer to work towards a healthier more productive work force.
Poor Health – In general, the American people are not a very healthy people. We are very sedentary and fast-food friendly. We could have a perfect healthcare system, but it won’t change a thing if we keep getting unhealthier.
Areas Covered In This Webinar:
To find the best practices of engaging people in behavioral change we can look to the behavioral health industry. What does a good counselor or therapist use to engage their patient in behavioral change? Do they offer a financial incentive? Do they give the patient information? How effective would a counselor be if these were their primary tools? Not! Hence, why the wellness industry gets such a black eye for not being very effective.
So, what does a good counselor do? What are the best practices of engaging people in behavioral change?
• First and foremost, a good counselor must develop a trusting relationship with the patient. Rapport is the basis for all effective counseling. Knowing someone cares about you and genuinely interested in your welfare is a powerful thing.
Through this trusted advisor relationship, the counselor helps the patient find their own internal motivation. What is important to me? What is my long term vision of where I want to be. Motivation has to come from within in order to be effective long-term.
• After identifying the patient’s own internal motivation, a good counselor supports the person in developing their own self-directed change. They must meet the person where they are. The western medical world is very prescriptive focused. Let me tell you what we are going to do to you. That doesn’t work well in engaging behavioral change. People have to set their own goals or they will never reach them. Wellness is often guilty of the same thing. Here are your risks, now this is what you need to do. Here is a diet you should follow, here is an exercise regimen for you. Do the following things to lower your stress. There is a plethora of information available to give people. We don’t need more information. We need people to change. We need to meet people where they are and inspire self-directed change.
• Next the patient needs support working through the barriers. A good counselor then helps the patient work through the personal, environmental and social barriers that so often get in the way of change. This doesn’t happen all at once. This is an ongoing process.
• Accountability is critical. A good counselor meets regularly with the individual to provide accountability and help the patient make the necessary changes to their goals to be successful.
These same best practices that a good counselor uses to engage change in a patient are the same best practices that an effect health coach uses to engage change in a wellness participant. Health coaching is defined as is a process that facilitates healthy, sustainable behavior change by challenging a client to develop their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action.
In addition to engaging wellness participants in healthier behaviour, health coaches can play catalyst role and engaging people in using other benefit solutions like: Employee Assistance Programs, cost and quality transparency programs, second opinion programs, advocacy programs, high performing networks, and disease management programs.
• Learn how to implement an effective wellness strategy focused on engaging the reluctant majority in healthier lifestyles to improve health and drive down healthcare costs
• Learn how to use those effective strategies to drive engagement in other benefit solutions
Who Will Benefit:
• HR Directors
• Benefit Managers
• Wellness Professionals
• Benefit Consultants
• Health Plan Managers
Darrell T. Moon
Darrell founded Orriant in 1996 to change the dynamics of healthcare and give employers some control over the ever increasing costs of the healthcare benefits they offer their employees. Darrell believed that engaging individuals in the management of their own health was a key that had to be inserted back into the economic equation of healthcare. Darrell received both his Bachelor of Science in Finance and his Master of Healthcare Administration from Brigham Young University. As the CEO, COO, or CFO, Darrell managed medical and psychiatric hospitals throughout the country for over 10 years prior to creating Orriant. He also has more than a decade of experience managing insurance and managed care products.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1- 844-414-1400
There may be many networking opportunities at the Effective Wellness Strategies to Engage Healthier Behavior and Utilization of all Benefit Solutions - By AtoZ Compliance. Find out more in the event details below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/06/2016 - 10/06/2016|
|Primary Industry:||Healthcare General|
|Other Industries:||Healthcare General, Professional Healthcare|
|Cost to Attend:||Live Webinar- $135.00 for one participant|
Health Plan Managers
|Show Owner:||AtoZ Compliance|
|Sponsorship Details:||AtoZ Compliance|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.