Overview : Your company's support for career development drives employee attraction, engagement, and retention - not to mention making sure that the right people are in the right place at the right time. Yet many organizations assume career development will take care of itself and end up paying the price.
The reality is that a well-designed career development effort - that includes the use of innovative technology, manager support, and showing employees how to navigate their careers - is part of a comprehensive solution to career development that will pay big dividends. Join us to learn the essential strategies for supporting career development, what's new in the field, and how to upgrade your current efforts with best practices, tools, technology and ideas.
Why should you attend: Many companies are hiring younger workers in order to create an internal talent pipeline as Baby Boomers begin to retire. Employees ages 18-35 are extremely mobile. They only stay at companies 1.8 years according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Recent engagement research demonstrates that career advancement and skill development are primary reasons employees stay with their employers. Join us to find out what the current trends are in career development and how to build tools, such as self service applications, mobile and gamification platforms that appeal to a young workers.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Current definitions of career development
- "Must haves" in a career development program for your organization
- A formula for determining the ROI of your career development program
- Technology applications for career development including mobile and gamification platforms
- The career development needs of the different generations, including extending Gen Y tenure (current research)
- Creating a shared understanding of career development in your organization
- Strategies for gaining manager support
- Building employee skills for constructive approaches to career development
- Use of assessments
- Guidelines and tools for managers to help employees develop career pathways and conduct career conversations
- The role of external and internal 'career center' resources
- On-the-job development strategies and use of job rotation programs for career development
- Promoting cross-functional and inter-disciplinary career movement
- The role of HR in career development
- Your Questions
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resource Professionals
- HR Generalists
- Talent management
- Retention consultants
There may be many networking opportunities at the Current Trends in Career Development - Webinar by TrainHR. Find out more in the event details below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||07/17/2013 - 07/17/2013|
|Primary Industry:||Human Resources|
|Other Industries:||Business, Human Resources|
|Audience:||Human Resource Professionals
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|No exhibiting at this event.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.
Dr. B. Lynn Ware CEO and President, Integral Talent Systems, Inc. Dr. B. Lynn Ware is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist and thought leader who has practiced for over thirty years in the talent management field. She has designed, developed and implemented career development systems in partnership with several Best Place to Work organizations such as Google and Scripps Medical Center.