Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Advanced technology may have pushed effective communication to the wayside to make clear writing a lost art, now due for revival! In the Information Age, a surplus of technical data proliferates with very little information communicated in plain language. Unclear communication can confuse compliance your reader, who needs to use the information to make critical decisions in a manufacturing environment for products that have life-and-death consequences. Poor writing can therefore not only contribute to poor communication, but to human survival.
This seminar will focus on effective communication in technical documents. While true that effective communication is essential for auditors to assess your regulatory compliance, it is more important that clear documentation can improve the safety of the products you work hard to produce. Rather than focusing on what information to include in technical writings, focus on your reader, who must understand the intended message.
In this two-day workshop, you will learn how to structure a technical document with the reader in mind. You will learn how to paint a mental picture of the content, to enhance reader understanding. Participants should bring an in-process technical report to the workshop, to immediately yield business outcomes.
The workshop objectives are to help technical writers:
- Plan and write consistent, reader-focused reports and other technical documents.
- Write in a style that is clear and concise.
- Develop content with a bottom-line message at the top, and main points that stand out and are reinforced with appropriate data.
- Use Professional Touch tools that help build working relationships with readers.
- Develop writing that groups content into digestible chunks to improve reading comprehension.
- Work on a technical writing piece brought from the workplace to immediately apply the skills.
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone working in regulated environments for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, foods or dietary supplements can improve technical writing skills. Affected job titles range from entry-level employees to managers, and include individuals with the following job titles:
- Document Control Specialists
- Software Specialists
- Quality/R&D Technicians
- Quality/Production Supervisors
- Technical Specialists
- Quality/Technical Investigators
- Compliance Professionals
- Manufacturing/Production/Design Engineers
- Process Owners
- Quality Engineers/Auditors
Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
If the Creating Reader-Focused Technical Documents in FDA Regulated Industries is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||12/05/2016 - 12/06/2016|
|Conference/Event Hours:||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Other Industries:||Business, Sciences|
|Cost to Attend:||One Registration: $1499|
|Audience:||Document Control Specialists
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.