Online Event Location map
Conflict Management and Dealing with Difficult People
Overview : This session is designed to help you manage more effectively by understanding the reasons for conflicts and giving you ways to diffuse negative employees to get desired results and increased productivity and teamwork.
Addressing both the positive and negative sides of conflict, we will explore techniques which can bring about positive outcomes. Looking at causes of conflict from diverse perspectives and at different personality types can be helpful in resolving conflicts as well as improving relations with all staff.
Areas Covered In the Session:
- Understanding the nature of conflict
- Types and sources of conflict
- Utilizing internal complaint procedures
- Rules of conduct
- Separating facts from interpretations
- Separating the people and the problem
- Listening concepts and why people do not "hear"
- Using varying techniques to resolve conflict
- Dealing with aggressors, underminers, unresponsive people, egoists, whiners, complainers, etc.
- Avoiding procrastination and taking action
Who will benefit:
- Human Resources professionals and administrators
- Employee Relations Specialists
- Supervisors and all levels of management
Marna Hayden is founder and president of Hayden Resources Inc. She has 30+ years in the field of human resource management and is certified as a senior professional in human resources (SPHR). Hayden Resources Inc. provides management and human resources consulting and outsourcing services to small businesses and nonprofits, and specialized services and training to larger organizations. Hayden has held senior offices in the banking, retail, and service industries and is an adjunct faculty member for DeSales University.
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Conflict Management and Dealing with Difficult People? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
Employee Relations Specialists
Supervisors and all levels of management
This session is designed to help you manage more effectively by understanding the reasons for conflicts and giving you ways to diffuse negative employees to get desired results and increased productivity and teamwork.
Exhibitor Information +