Overview : This webinar should give you the tools and guidelines to obtain reliable references and determine what types of background checks should be performed for different positions in different industries before hiring. We will cover how to verify a candidate's qualifications in experience, education, character and work ethics as well as meeting any other requirements you have for the position.
"Name, rank, and serial number" is not sufficient in verifying whether someone can do the job or will be an asset to your organization. We will also cover methods and policies on drug and alcohol testing. Permission, disclosure and compliance with applicable employment laws will allow you to complete this process with confidence and ease.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Applications and obtaining permission to check references
- Complying with legal requirements of references and background checks
- Selecting appropriate references
- Verbal and written references: tailoring your questions to fit the job
- How to proceed if the company refuses to give information requested
- Verifying position, dates of hire and salary when a company is no longer in business
- Selecting kinds of background screening
- Mandatory background checks
- What background checks are illegal or ill-advised: controversies over credit and criminal checks
- Verifying education and college transcripts
- Drug and Alcohol policies and drug and alcohol tests
- Access to references
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Conducting Reference and Background Checks.
|Conference/Event Dates:||01/10/2014 - 01/10/2014|
|Primary Industry:||Human Resources|
|Other Industries:||Business, Human Resources|
|Audience:||Chief Human Resource Officers
HR Managers, Directors and Employment Managers
Security Officers or Auditors
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|No exhibiting at this event.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||No|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.
Marna Hayden is founder and president of Hayden Resources Inc. She has 30+ years in the field of human resource management and is certified as a senior professional in human resources (SPHR). Hayden Resources Inc. provides management and human resources consulting and outsourcing services to small businesses and nonprofits, and specialized services and training to larger organizations. Hayden has held senior offices in the banking, retail, and service industries and is an adjunct faculty member for DeSales University.