Atlantic city , NJ 08401 Location map
Trump Taj Mahal
Conceptual and Logical Database Modeling 2014
Overview: This is a practical hands on course where the concepts of Conceptual and Logical Modeling are interwoven with practical group exercises and discussions. Throughout the course we discuss the interdependence of process analysis and data analysis (conceptual and logical design) and how they affect each other. The student is also shown how to approach the conversion of a logical database design to a physical database design.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Understanding the role of data modeling
- How to approach data modeling for a new or existing system
- How to ask the right questions and understand the answers
- How to organize and maintain metadata
- Building a logical data model that is robust and maintainable
- Reviewing a model with the business
Why should you attend: Develop and improve the skill and confidence to design databases effectively Recognize, document and exploit domains (Extended Data types) with SQL Create and use robust information models Develop helpful catalog extensions to facilitate logical and physical database design Design for Maximum Logical Physical and Distribution data independence.
Create "critical query profiles" to facilitate physical database design and tuning.
Who Will Benefit:
- Information/Data Modeling Professionals
- Database Design Professionals
- Information Resources Management Professionals
- Database Administrators
- Systems Analysts
- Software Engineers, Programmers
- Management responsible for enterprise data and related issues
There may be many networking opportunities at the Conceptual and Logical Database Modeling 2014. Find out more in the event details below.
Exhibitor Information +