Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
This program offers a comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of industrial hygiene practice. Participants will benefit from discussions and workshops on the principles and practice of industrial hygiene and its basis in science, engineering, and medicine. Designed for professionals with responsibility for employee health programs, participants learn the skills and concepts needed to protect the health and safety of workers through the control of workplace environmental factors.
Who Should Participate:
Anyone in the field of occupational health and safety, or professionals with responsibilities for the health and well-being of workers, will benefit from this program.
- Environmental health and safety (EH&S) personnel
- Industrial hygienists and technicians
- Line and plant managers
- Loss-control managers and risk managers
- Manufacturing and facility engineers
- Occupational physicians and nurses
- Professionals who need to broaden their scope of responsibilities in EH&S
- Safety managers and technicians
- Evaluate work practices and engineering control techniques for the prevention of occupational disease
- Recognize health hazards in occupational settings
- Select control measures specific to exposures
- Determine the physiological and toxicological effects of exposures to workplace hazards
- Understand the physical and chemical behavior of aerosols and gas mixtures
- Analyze industrial exhaust ventilation systems
- Identify methods to measure and control noise stress in the workplace
- Understand the effects of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation
- Analyze and control risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders and design workplace ergonomics programs
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene: The Application of Basic Principles.
|Conference/Event Dates:||06/23/2014 - 06/27/2014|
|Conference/Event Hours:||All Day|
|Other Industries:||Business, Disabilities, Engineering, Healthcare General, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Professional Healthcare, Safety, Sciences|
|Audience:||Anyone in the field of occupational health and safety, or professionals with responsibilities for the health and well-being of workers, will benefit from this program.
Environmental health and safety (EH&S) personnel
Industrial hygienists and technicians
Line and plant managers
Loss-control managers and risk managers
Manufacturing and facility engineers
Occupational physicians and nurses
Professionals who need to broaden their scope of responsibilities in EH&S
Safety managers and technicians
|Venue:||Harvard School of Public Health|
|Venue Phone:||(617) 432-2100|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Other|
|Conference Hotel URL:||official hotel URL|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for Information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.