Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
The average cost of a Notice of Proposed Penalty is estimated at US $150,000 including the penalty itself and the added costs for consultants, personnel, remediation of legacy records, etc. Compliance is far less expensive than the alternative.
- Are you in compliance with the regulations surrounding data collection, backup withholding and information reporting?
- How do you determine whether you can accept a W-9 from someone or if you must request a W-8 instead?
- What if you send them a 1099 when you should have sent them a Form 1042-S?
- How will you deal with an IRS demand for the backup withholding you failed to deduct from a Nonresident Alien’s (NRA’s) payments?
This seminar will focus on addressing these issues and many more compliance and regulatory issues pertaining to IRS forms 1099 and 1042-S. It will also address compliance with Title 26, CFR 1402(b) & (c), employee v. independent contractor distinction, and 1441 (withholding of tax on nonresident aliens and foreign corporations) mandates.
In this two day workshop, participants will learn how to identify independent contractors and non-resident aliens. We will analyze case studies to:
- Ensure you fully understand the most efficient process
- Communicate effectively with the payee to obtain correct and properly executed Form W-8 or W-9 from the payee
- Determine whether and how much must be subjected to backup withholding
- Confirm whether the name and tax ID of the payee match the IRS databases
- Expedite the handling of your B-Notices
- Fight a notice of proposed penalty
In addition, attendees will learn the best method to process 1099 and 1042-S reporting to both your payees and the IRS using best practices.
Due to the enactment of the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), the course will address issues related to the use of forms W-9 and W-8 to comply with both Chapters 3 and 4 of the internal revenue code.
Through case study analysis, the presenter will illustrate best practices to maximize the performance of your current system. Additionally, case studies will also explore how your management practices can be improved to help ensure complete regulatory compliance.
Note: Use coupon code 232082 and get 10% off on registration.
Don't wait to register for the Complete 1099, TIN Matching, B-Notice, FATCA and Nonresident Alien 1042-S Compliance Update. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||05/21/2015 - 05/22/2015|
|Conference/Event Hours:||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM PDT|
|Other Industries:||Banking-Money-Finance, Business|
|Cost to Attend:||One Registration - $899|
Information reporting officers
Certified payroll professionals
|Venue:||Grand Hyatt San Francisco|
|Venue Phone:||(415) 398-1234|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.