Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
This course is a review of emergency nursing designed to assist the participant in successfully obtaining CEN® certification. The course offers lectures, graphics, videos and practice questions in many of the areas that are tested on the CEN® Exam. This review will provide not only a knowledge base for successfully completing the exam, but also a foundation for further study as the participant works towards emergency nursing certification.
Why Be Certified
Successfully completing the Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN®) Exam is a challenge that has been completed by only a minority of emergency nurses. Successful completion of this exam exhibits to others that the bearer has demonstrated a knowledge base in the specialty of emergency nursing that exceeds his or her peers.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program prepares the learner to:
- Discuss priorities of the primary and secondary assessment of patients in presenting to the emergency department.
- Describe basic principles of disaster management.
- Analyze the effectiveness of patient or family education in a clinical scenario.
- Discuss the basic principles of safe interfacility transfer.
- Describe anticipated assessment findings of patients with selected respiratory, medical, cardiovascular, neurologic, toxicologic, gastrointestinal and genitourinary emergencies.
- Plan and prioritize interventions of patients with selected respiratory, medical, cardiovascular, neurologic, toxicologic, orthopedic, psychiatric or gastrointestinal emergencies.
- Select appropriate triage categories for patients in clinical scenarios.
- Differentiate cardiogenic, hypovolemic and distributive shock with regards to assessment and management.
Don't wait to register for the CEN Exam Review. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
|Conference/Event Dates:||01/19/2017 - 01/20/2017|
|Conference/Event Hours:||Day 1: 8 to 5 | Day 2: 8 to 5|
|Primary Industry:||Critical Care|
|Other Industries:||Critical Care, Professional Healthcare|
|Cost to Attend:||$315|
|Venue:||Memorial Hermann Health System|
|Venue Phone:||(713) 222-2273|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Other|
|Official Conference Hotel:||The Westin Houston, Memorial City|
|Conference Hotel URL:||http://www.westinhoustonmemorialcity.com/...|
|Sponsorship Details:||Memorial Hermann|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.