Online Event Location map
Building Multi platform Mobile Applications with MonoTouch, MonoDroid, C#, Mono and MVVMCross - Webinar By EITAGlobal
Overview: To the .NET developer taking on the task of building iOS and/or Android applications can be a daunting task because of needing to learn new tools and programming languages, including XCode, Objective-C, Eclipse and Java, as well as learning a different application model for each platform that is alien to many .NET developers. Xamarin's Mono* set of tools allows the .NET developer to become almost immediately effective in creating iOS and/or Android applications by being able to use all their .NET/C# skills directly on those platforms, including such advanced features such as asynchronous programming, TPL, LINQ, and when using MVVMCross a way of using the MVVM design pattern on both platforms.
In this introduction to building applications in C# for iOS and Android, Michael Heydt will demonstrate how to use the Mono* and MVVMCross tools to build reusable C# that can be utilized on both iOS and Android platforms (and also .NET / Windows applications), how to build user interfaces on iOS and Android that allow user interaction with the C# code using MVVMCross. At the end of the seminar, the attendee will gained an understanding of how truly productive they can become in building mobile applications using C# and .NET.
Why should you attend: Does your organization have .NET developers and you need to build mobile applications for iOS and / or Android and you want to get allow your developers to be able to leverage their .NET skills on those platforms? Do you want to learn how to leverage one C# code base across multiple mobile platforms, including business logic, data access, networking and more? Do you want to leverage existing productivity obtained from visual studio to build apps for other mobile platforms? All the time while still building apps that look and feel native on the platform because they are native? Then this seminar will introduce you to using the Xamarin tools, and also MVVMCross, to get up and building iOS and Android apps in C# pronto.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Overview of the Xamarin / Mono Tools for iOS and Android, and MVVM Cross
- Installing MonoTouch and MonoDroid
- Creating a basic MonoTouch / iOS application with C#
- Using portable libraries for Windows, Windows 8, iOS and Android
- Portable code example: Accessing Twitter
- Portable code example: accessing Stock Data
- Portable code example: pushing stock updates to devices with SignalR
- Creating an iOS user interface for the application
- Creating an Android user interfaces for the application
- Leveraging MVVMCross to facilitate user interface code reuse across platforms
- Review and Q&A
Who Will Benefit:
- IT VP and Development Managers
- Application / Software Architects
- Application / Software Developers and Engineers
If the Building Multi platform Mobile Applications with MonoTouch, MonoDroid, C#, Mono and MVVMCross - Webinar By EITAGlobal is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
IT VP and Development Managers
Application / Software Architects
Application / Software Developers and Engineers
Exhibitor Information +