Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Blended courses combine the best pedagogical practices of two teaching methods—online and face-to-face instruction.
If you have considered converting a traditional course into a blended course, you have probably asked, “What should happen before, during, and after class?” It is an important question to consider because your answer will determine how you spend class time, how students are introduced to course content, and what opportunities they will have to work with new ideas and information.
In Blended Learning Course Design: A Boot Camp for Instructors you will answer these questions and make an informed decision about what should happen before, during, and after class. Through this process, you will:
- Take one of your existing face-to-face courses and convert it into a blended format
- Feel comfortable and confident with the technology so that IT becomes an aid rather than a barrier to communicating with your students
- Learn the most pedagogically effective ways to blend instructional technology, course content, and course activities to promote interaction of students with each other, the instructor, and the content
- Course design principles
- Pedagogical considerations
- Technology how-to’s
- Student engagement strategies
Participants will leave the two-day workshop with:
- A better understanding of how to manage the three phases of a blended learning cycle: before, during, and after class
- The ability to create a syllabus for a blended course
- Ideas on how to organize their own LMS for a blended course
- A greater familiarity with technology tools and how they can support learning
- An outline of the work that they need to do before launching their blended course
Like all of The Teaching Professor offerings, Blended Learning Course Design: A Boot Camp for Instructors tackles a central issue for today’s higher education professionals who strive to improve the quality and satisfaction of their work.
If the Blended Learning Course Design: A Boot Camp for Instructors is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||03/14/2014 - 03/15/2014|
|Conference/Event Hours:||8 am - 5 pm Friday, 8 am - 3 pm Saturday|
|Primary Industry:||Education Events|
|Other Industries:||Education, Education Events|
|Audience:||Faculty members from any discipline, faculty developers, department chairs, teaching/learning center directors, and deans who want to improve an aspect of their teaching by transforming an existing F2F course into a blended format.|
|Venue:||Sheraton Atlanta Hotel|
|Venue Phone:||(800) 833-8624|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Official Conference Hotel:||Sheraton Atlanta Hotel|
|Conference Hotel URL:||http://www.sheratonatlantahotel.com/...|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.