Las Vegas , NV 89109 Location map
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
Birth Injuries, The Law & Perinatal Safety
Designed for attorneys, clinical nurse midwives, registered nurses, risk managers, nurse practitioners, perinatologists, and obstetricians – this is the conference for you!
Patient safety and the obstetric team's central role in providing quality care have been on the forefront of national and international health care discussions for many years. Advances in care for perinatal and neonatal patients have reduced the frequency of morbidity and mortality. However, perinatal litigation is increasing and the U.S. is ranked higher than many countries for frequency of perinatal morbidity and mortality!
Clinical challenges remain in many areas such as interpretation of fetal heart rate patterns and neonatal response to treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis. Clinical documentation has increasingly been key in the outcome of litigation. "If it wasn't written, was it done"? Defending perinatal brain injury and catastrophic cases and jury comprehension of important clinical issues are crucial to the outcome of litigation.
Plan now to join your colleagues for this outstanding educational experience and a well-deserved R&R from your busy practice.
Highlights of the 2013 Conferences:
- Updates in current trends in obstetric and neonatal litigation.
- A number of "Hot Topics", issues you deal with in your clinical and legal practice, addressed in a variety of teaching formats, including didactic sessions, faculty panels, interactive case studies, and participation as jury members in an interactive case review.
- Network with clinical and legal colleagues regarding challenging cases and discover new resources to take you beyond the constraints of your own experiences.
- Relax and rejuvenate yourself in the exciting cities of Las Vegas and Washington DC!
- List several techniques for explaining complex perinatal cases to a jury.
- Discuss clinical management procedures which reduce maternal morbidity and mortality.
- List key planning and risk reduction strategies for high risk obstetric patients.
- Evaluate the issues around warning the patient of potential complications.
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Birth Injuries, The Law & Perinatal Safety.
6377 Clark Avenue, Suie 200
Dublin, CA 94568
Legal Nurse Consultants
Exhibitor Information +