Online Event Location map
Background Checks: What Employers Need to Know: EEOC employment discrimination- By AtoZ Compliance
Key Take Away:
This webinar is for employers who are contemplating whether to implement employment Background Checks and for those who are currently doing them, but wish to learn more about their options. It is an introductory and general review of the background check policy subject as the laws and practices vary from state-to-state.
Background checks can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, they can be very helpful in reducing the probability of making a poor hiring decision. On the other hand, employers who do not know the state laws or who do not have a fair and consistent process can be fined by the government or a discrimination claim sued by the applicant.
Why Should You Attend:
This webinar will describe the landscape of background checks across the country and provide examples of Background Check policies of other companies.
Areas Covered In This Webinar:
• Deciding whether to do background checks or not
• The importance of written policy
• Who to check and what to check for
• Deciding if it should be done in-house or by a contractor
• When the background check should be done during the hiring process
• Whether to do employee background checks or not
• Cost of doing background checks and not doing them
• HR compliance and HR best practices
• Gain an overall understanding of the pros and cons of background checks
• What must be put in place if decide to do background checks
Who Will Benefit:
• HR Managers
• General Managers
• Small Business Owners
• Hiring and Employment Managers
• Talent Management Officers
• Risk, Audit and Compliance Personnel
• Anyone involved with the hiring and/or retention process at a company
Tom Palladino has held numerous HR leadership positions in companies that included Conoco Phillips, Starbucks Coffee, Wells Fargo, Capital One, First Data and Green Plains Renewable Energy.
His interest in HR Analytics started in 1998 while he was consulting for Starbucks. At that time Starbucks was growing rapidly around the world. Tom was tasked with designing a methodology that would identify employee attributes that correlate with business performance. His HR analytics model was initially applied to new subsidiaries in Asia and Europe enabling the company to inculcate select Starbucks values to create a “performance-driven brew”. Later, Tom’s protocol was successfully applied throughout the United States.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1- 844-414-1400
There may be many networking opportunities at the Background Checks: What Employers Need to Know: EEOC employment discrimination- By AtoZ Compliance. Find out more in the event details below.
Small Business Owners
Hiring and Employment Managers
Talent Management Officers
Risk, Audit and Compliance Personnel
Anyone involved with the hiring and/or retention process at a company
Exhibitor Information +