New York , NY 10019 Location map
New York Hilton Midtown
AVIDsymposium 2016 - Advances in Vascular Imaging & Diagnosis
Peripheral Vascular Disease PVD in the U.S. affects approximately 8 million to 12 million patients a year; some experts in the field believe this may be underestimated. The disease is associated with significant cardiovascular morbidity and mortality, with a high rate of fatal and non-fatal cardiovascular events such as myocardial infarction, stroke, renal failure, limb amputations, abdominal aortic aneurysms, pulmonary embolus and progressive ischemic end-organ dysfunction.
Since atherosclerosis is the most common cause of PVD, patients with PVD have a rate of cardiovascular mortality that is 3 to 4 times higher than age-matched controls. The cardiac mortality in symptomatic PVD is estimated to be 50% at 10 years. The reduction in quality of life from global vasculopathy in many patients can thus be significant.
Prompt and accurate diagnosis of these disease processes is of utmost importance. The AVIDsymposium is designed to address this need by providing the vascular ommunity with continuing medical education in this area. The latest pharmacologic, radiologic, surgical and endovascular techniqes and technologies will be presented, along with discussions of when these treatments are justified and indicated and when they are not. Updates on clinical trials and opportunities for dialogue with experts in the field provide insight along with the latest data on the results of the various diagnostic and treatment modalities
Advances in Vascular Imaging and Diagnosis Symposium and Workshops on Management and Clinical Issues is an intensive two-day course designed to provide a comprehensive update on the diagnosis of vascular disease using real time B-mode imaging, color and spectral Doppler and other noninvasive techniques. The course will also address important issues in the area of Vascular Laboratory management, vascular ultrasound education, reimbursement and laboratory accreditation. An internationally renowned faculty has been assembled to provide the latest in their respective areas of expertise. This will be accomplished via didactic lectures and will be enhanced by ample time for faculty panel discussions designed to provide interaction with the audience. In addition, live scanning demonstrations and hands-on workshops will be supervised by known experts in their fields and will utilize leading edge equipment. This course is intended for Vascular Technologists, Sonographers, Vascular Surgeons, Radiologists, Neurologists, Vascular Nurses, Vascular Interventionalists, Medical and Ultrasound Students an other Physicians and Allied Health Professionals with an interest in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease.
Following this continuing medical education activity, the participants will:
1. Describe recent developments in vascular ultrasound technology
2. Incorporate the Vascular Laboratory into the management of patients with vascular disease
3. Identify and compare noninvasive tests that are available to aid in the diagnosis of vascular disease
4. Identify current therapy and their roles for the effective management of peripheral arterial/venous disease, and carotid artery disease
5. Utilize duplex ultrasound prior to, during and after endovascular procedures
6. Apply issues regarding Vascular Laboratory management, reimbursement and accreditation to their practice
Interested in reserving booth space at AVIDsymposium 2016?
Join a wide variety of interdisciplinary medical professionals as they come to AVIDsymposium for targeted CME content on vascular ultrasound. You will have the opportunity to:
1. Engage decision makers and create connections
2. Capitalize on dedicated exhibit hours and hands-on workshops
3. Build relationships with health care professionals all specializing in vascular ultrasound, vascular surgery, cardiology, internal medicine, vascular medicine and other disciplines related to the care of patients with vascular diseases
4. Learn what is most important to your customers
Don't wait to register for the AVIDsymposium 2016 - Advances in Vascular Imaging & Diagnosis. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation / VEITHsymposium
4455 Douglas Avenue, Suite 11E
Bronx, NY 10471
(800) 987-9314 x300
Medical and Ultrasound Students
and Other Physicians and Allied Health Professionals with an interest in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease
Sponsored by the Cleveland Clinic
Exhibitor Information +