Online Event Location map
Auditing Enterprise Risk Management
In 2004, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Tread way Commission (COSO), issued a principle-based guidance on designing and implementing an effective enterprise-wide approach to risk management. This guidance defines essential components - such as risk appetite, risk tolerance and portfolio view, provides guidance using common principles, and provides counseling and strategy for an effective program.
ERM has been implemented and is being used by companies around the world. Internal Auditors can be effective in playing an active role in ERM while maintaining their independence, complying with professional standards, and enhancing their role as consultants. Once established though an ERM framework can not be left to grow without monitoring and accountability. Subjecting the ERM Function to an audit helps ensure that the Framework is working as far as effectiveness and efficiencies.
Why should you Attend:
- Enterprise risk management is a critical function to an organization to emphasize a top down approach and to identify process improvement from an organization wide perspective.
- Enterprise Risk Management when working effectively is the driving force behind decisions made by the Board of Directors, to ensure they are making wise decisions, ERM compliance needs to be enforced.
- Enterprise Risk Management is a process and exposes the organization to risk, to hedge that risk and understand that risk they need to be governed - an audit is an excellent governance tool.
- Enterprise Risk Management is an evolving function and proper auditing and reporting should be done to measure effectiveness and maturity.
- Auditing can provide valuable insight to the Enterprise Risk Management team.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How to measure the effectiveness of your Enterprise Risk Management team
- Audit's role form a hands off approach
- Meeting Audit committees needs
- Auditing while maintaining independence
- Providing assurance on risk management
Who Will Benefit:
- Chief Audit Executives
- Risk Managers
- Project Management Office
Speaker ProfileDenise Cicchella CIA, CFE, CCA, PMP is executive director at Auspicium. She has lectured and taught on the topic of construction audit in the past. She has also lead and participated in construction audits of major private and infrastructure projects resulting in large recoveries for her clients. She is also the author of the IIA Handbook: Construction Audit: Overview, Monitoring and Auditing and Auditing for Corporates.
161 Mission Falls Lane,
Suite 216, Fremont, CA 94539, USA
Event Link - http://bit.ly/15Op5Ff
Don't wait to register for the Auditing Enterprise Risk Management. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
Project Management Office
Exhibitor Information +