AHNA's 36th Annual Conference brings together many talented nurses and other healthcare professionals committed to sharing their experience and expertise in holistic healthcare.
Holistic nurses are driving the paradigm shift, locally and globally, towards maintaining caring and healing values in our healthcare systems. They are experts at creating healing environments that support health and wellness promotion. And as more Americans are living with chronic conditions they turning to holistic nurses for information, education and care that eases their concerns and improves their outcomes.
This conference will explore possibilities for nurses to deepen their influence in all healthcare settings, provide information on the role of nurses in the Affordable Care Act and point to innovative strategies for transforming nursing practice.
Topics are diverse and will appeal to nurses who practice in clinical settings, education, administration and research...those who seek self-care strategies...those who seek personal and professional development.
The sessions include offerings at the basic, intermediate and advanced level of practice.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from each other and meet many new friends along the way.
The purpose of this conference is to further define and incorporate the concept of interconnectedness within holistic health care innovation, interventions and education.
1. Examine advances in the development of health care interventions that foster and support human interconnectedness for the purpose of health promotion and healing.
2. Explore ancient teachings and wisdom traditions that support the concept of interconnectedness.
3. Examine the evolving understanding of consciousness.
4. Explore your role as a holistic nurse in an interconnected global healthcare environment.
5. Discuss strategies designed to integrate the concept of interconnectedness to clinical practice as an APRN, APHN-BC.
6. Develop undergraduate and graduate nursing curricula grounded in the philosophy of holism.
7. Compare and contrast the application of evidenced-based practice and practice informed evidence into all areas of holistic nursing.
8. Integrate research that describes and defines interconnectedness into holistic nursing practice.
9. Discuss holistic self-care practices that enhance the nurse’s interconnectedness to their internal and external environment.
10. Explore the healing benefits of creative expression.
11. Promote the development of an interdisciplinary network of holistic practitioners committed to healthcare transformation.
This is a great opportunity to connect with the holistic nursing community. AHNA Annual Conference attendees use this time to refresh and reconnect with their holistic roots and gain new contacts.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The exhibit hall allows attendees the opportunity to examine and evaluate the latest innovations in services, modalities, equipment, and developments in the field of holistic nursing. Our vendors have the opportunity to introduce the products and services these specialized nurses can incorporate into their daily practice.
The AHNA Annual Conference attracts approximately 500 attendees from across the country.
The American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is a non-profit membership association for nurses and other holistic healthcare professionals, serving more than 4,500 members across the U.S. AHNA has adopted a mission statement and vision and created a statement of purpose.