Each year the world of woodturners gathers for the Annual American Association of Woodturners International Symposium. This event brings an average 1,500 woodturners together to learn, network and share information. The AAW and the worldwide turning community welcomes our vendors to this premier event!
Our annual Symposium is a centerpiece of our educational programs. Each year, in a different city within the U.S., we invite our members for a 3-day series of educational demonstrations, panel discussions and the world’s largest exhibitions of our members art work. Between June 28th and June 30th, 2013 we will draw between 1,500 and 2,000 of our members to the Tampa Convention Center.
In addition to the programs available to our members, the art exhibitions and our tradeshow are open to the general public. In total we estimate that between 3,000 and 4,000 people will visit the convention center over these three days in June.
Each symposium features three days of woodturning demonstrations and meetings, led by several talented experts:
- Internationally known woodturners
- The highest quality woodturning instructors
- Knowledgeable local talent
Each symposium has had a unique flavor, but most of them have the following features:
- A rotation schedule of more than 100 classroom-type demonstrations and panel discussions, hosted by the world's best woodturning professionals.
- An instant gallery like no other on earth, with up to three pieces submitted by each attendee.
- A Saturday night banquet.
- The Friday Special Interest Night, where like-minded turners get together for some fun.
- An auction of tools, wood, and fine woodturnings. Funds from the auction fund scholarships for woodturning education.
- The largest woodturning tradeshow anywhere, including tool and lathe manufacturers, vendors of wood and other materials, and suppliers related to woodturning.
About The AAW:
The American Association of Woodturners (AAW) is an international, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to advancing the art and craft of woodturning worldwide by supporting its more than 14,000 members and network of over 350 local chapters, providing camaraderie, training, idea sharing, insurance and exposure.
Sponsorships allow companies a concentrated and dedicated
targeted audience and will allow you to achieve prominence
in the woodturning community while making a highly
visible impact. We have the ability to work with you to tailor
your sponsorship to more closely match your needs.
By becoming a sponsor, you will be able to:
• Boost your marketing efforts to a select audience
• Gain prime visibility
• Differentiate yourself from competitors
• Entertain clients and attendees with a unique offering
• Enhance customer relations
All Platinum, Gold, and Silver Sponsors will receive:
• Acknowledgement of sponsorship and listing on the AAW
website with link to company’s website
• Acknowledgement on printed symposium promotional and
program collateral where applicable (subject to print deadlines)
• Pre-symposium publicity in American Woodturner
• Recognition of sponsorship on signage in select areas
• Sponsorship mention in handout book
• Option of sponsoring one or more of the special opportunities at 10% off the cost, as listed on opposite page.