Orlando , FL 32821 Location map
Wyndham Grand Resort Bonnet Creek
2016 FLASH Annual Conference - Federal Alliance For Safe Homes
The Conference will bring together the Nation's foremost voices in the disaster safety and resilience movement to share best practices, inspire, collaborate, and create meaningful action.
Attendees will include leaders, professionals and practitioners from a cross-section of organizations who share the FLASH mission of strengthening homes and safeguarding families from disasters of all kinds. With the theme of “The Next Generation of Resilience,” topics will focus on building product innovation, financial solutions, policy leadership, public outreach initiatives, scientific insights, and new technologies to drive better building and create disaster-resilient communities in the face of earthquakes, hail, hurricanes, lightning, power outages, tornadoes, and wildfires. Register today to be a part of this dynamic conference. FLASH is crafting the Conference program focused on the following:
The Next Generation of Codes/Standards/Policies
- Adoption/Enforcement Challenges
- Multi-peril Codes/Standards/Policies
- Addressing climate change/sea level rise
- Education opportunities and successes
The Next Generation of Residential Construction
- Addressing multiple perils during construction
The Next Generation of Resilient Communities
- What does a Resilient Community look like?
- Market-driven solutions
- Framework for measuring resilience
- Incentivizing resilience
- Case studies on resilience success
The Next Generation of Outreach/Education
- Effectively communicating the weather/risk
- Effectively communicating the solutions
- Consumer demand for resilience
- Multiple-peril risk communication
Creating a Disaster Resilient Generation
- Socio-economic relationship to community resilience
- Life cycle costs of community resilience
- Defining affordability when designing for disasters
- Making resilience a trend and a lasting value: making buildings last
The nonprofit Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH®) is the country’s leading consumer advocate for strengthening homes and safeguarding families from natural and manmade disasters.
If the 2016 FLASH Annual Conference - Federal Alliance For Safe Homes is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)
1427 E. Piedmont Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32308
FLASH is actively seeking sponsors to help underwrite this dynamic program of keynote speakers and informative panels. Through sponsorship, organizations will be recognized by attendees from all practices and professions from architects and engineers to elected officials and emergency managers. Financial services experts, futurists, insurers, meteorologists, risk communicators, and social psychologists will all meet here to participate in the innovation incubator of the disaster safety and resilience movement.
Exhibitor Information +