Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
The Westin San Diego
400 West Broadway • San Diego, CA 92101
Hotel Reservations: 888-627-9033
Onboarding is traditionally thought of as the process in which new employees acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to become effective organizational members and insiders. However, some organizations don’t have a formal onboarding strategy other than signing the necessary paperwork to become an official part of the company, and being shown where their desk is. Or, if the organization does have a strategy in place, chances are they struggle with at least a few challenges including; how to make it an engaging experience, and successfully demonstrating their culture.
No matter how advanced (or behind) the onboarding strategy is – there is always room for improvement Onboarding sets the tone of the new employee’s journey with the company. A positive experience will yield such benefits as higher retention rates and brand ambassadors, while a negative experience will create dissatisfaction from the start. Whether good or bad, onboarding touches each part of the talent life-cycle. Those that aren’t treating onboarding as a strategic initiative, starting during the recruitment process, are missing out on an incredible way to ensure high engagement and retention levels, a positive culture, and a high-performing workforce.
We Will Discuss:
- Mini-Workshop: Understanding the Science, Psychology and Importance of Successful Onboarding, and Where to Start
- Making a Case for Buy-in and Investment
- How Onboarding Impacts Retention
- Executive Onboarding Best Practices
- The Difference between Mentors and Ambassadors
- Setting Expectations during Recruiting
- How to Create an Engaging Onboarding Experience
- Strategies to Reduce Tactical Obligations, and Create More Time for Strategic Onboarding
- Culture and Socialization (Formal and Informal)
- Development and Training for New Hires from the Same, and Different Industries
- Using Assessments to Match New Hires with Team Members
- How to Learn from Epic Failures
- Keeping New Hires Engaged
For more info contact us:
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the 2015 Strategic Talent Onboarding Event.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/01/2015 - 10/02/2015|
|Primary Industry:||Human Resources|
|Other Industries:||Business, Human Resources|
|Venue:||The Westin San Diego|
|Venue Phone:||(888) 627-9033|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Show Owner:||Talent Management Alliance LLC|
|Show Manager:||Talent Management Alliance LLC|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.