Indianapolis , IN 46225 Location map
Indiana Convention Center
2015 Because Kids Count Conference
For the past 14 years, the Indiana Youth Institute (IYI) has hosted the largest gathering of youth workers and educators in the Midwest. The Because KIDS COUNT® Conference is a two-day, first-class conference experience packed with educational workshops, nationally recognized speakers, a resource tradeshow and amazing networking opportunities. For youth workers, time is an incredibly valuable resource. That’s why we’ve designed our conference to efficiently connect quality information and resources with the people who will use them every single day.
A valuable professional development experience
- Offering more than 70 workshops
- Addressing the five core competencies that outline best practices for individuals who work with youth, plus nonprofit management
- Recruiting national speakers to cover the topics you want most:
- Working with kids
- Parent engagement strategies
- Nonprofit management/organizational sustainability and much more!
Great Resources from the Vectren Resource Center
- Visit with nearly 100 exhibitors
- Network with peers
- Purchase books from your favorite conference speakers
- Attend book signings with the featured speakers
- Take home practical resources
The Because KIDS COUNT Conference offers blocks of time during which the Resource Center is the only activity for attendees—no workshops or speakers are scheduled. We provide six hours of dedicated time for conference-goers to browse the Resource Center.
The Indiana Youth Institute promotes the healthy development of Indiana children and youth by serving the people, institutions and communities that impact their well-being.
There may be many networking opportunities at the 2015 Because Kids Count Conference. Find out more in the event details below.
Indiana Youth Institute
603 East Washington Street Suite 800
Indianapolis, IN 46204
DECEMBER 1-2, 2015
LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE: NOVEMBER 30-DECEMBER 1, 2015
38% Program Managers
35% Executives & Board Members
14% Educators & School
6% Support Staff & Volunteers
More than 75% of attendees are key decision-makers for the purchase of content, materials and supplies.
What are attendees looking to purchase in 2015?
- 48% program development/instructional materials
- 36% program information (field trip destinations, camps, specialty schools, treatment services, family services)
- 30% nonprofit management assistance (fundraising products, professional development services, financial services)
- 31% technology equipment or software/services
- 43% program supplies (arts and crafts, project packs, athletic equipment, etc.)
Indiana Youth Institute (IYI)
Exhibitor Information +