Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
The Charleston Conference is an informal annual gathering of librarians, publishers, electronic resource managers, consultants, and vendors of library materials in Charleston, SC, in November, to discuss issues of importance to them all. It is designed to be a collegial gathering of individuals from different areas who discuss the same issues in a non-threatening, friendly, and highly informal environment. Presidents of companies discuss and debate with library directors, acquisitions librarians, reference librarians, serials librarians, collection development librarians, and many, many others. Begun in 1980, the Charleston Conference has grown from 20 participants in 1980 to over 1,600 in 2013.
The Conference does not have exhibits and is not attached to any professional organization, although a separately managed Vendor Showcase and Juried Product Development Forums take place at the Conference.
Who should attend?
Anyone in the information industry! Although our focus is on collection development and acquisitions, our attendance has traditionally varied from paraprofessional staff to library directors; from admin staff to CEO’s; from the "little dogs" to the "big dogs." And that’s the way we like it!
Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with over 1,600 collection development, acquisitions, and electronic resources professionals from around the country and internationally. This year’s Annual Charleston Conference features an exciting list of speakers and back by popular demand, the Charleston Vendor Showcase - your chance to show your latest electronic products and services to a target audience of library buyers.
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the 2015 Annual Charleston Conference.
|Conference/Event Dates:||11/04/2015 - 11/07/2015|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||11/04/2015 - 11/04/2015|
|Expo/Exhibit Hours:||Wed, 10:30am-6pm|
|Other Industries:||Business, Miscellaneous, Publishing, Technology|
|Audience:||Professionals in the Information Industry including:
Librarians, Publishers, Electronic Resource Managers, and Consultants
|Venue:||Francis Marion Hotel|
|Venue Phone:||(877) 756-2121|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Official Conference Hotel:||Hotel List:|
|Conference Hotel URL:||http://www.katina.info/conference/conference-info/hotelstravel/hotels/...|
|Number of Exhibitors:||125+ (2014) (Previous Year)|
|Show Owner:||Charleston Information Group, LLC|
|Show Manager:||Charleston Information Group, LLC|
|Sponsorship Details:||All sponsors will receive the following:
Listing on the conference website;
Recognition during the opening speech;
25-word description and contact info in program;
Sponsor ribbons for conference badges; and
Recognition sign at the conference.
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Vendor Showcase||$1,800||Electricity:||Yes||- Unknown Price|
|Price is subject to change.||Water:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.
2014 Exhibitor List:
2013 Vendor List:
- AAAS / Science
- Accessible Archives, Inc.
- ACS Publications
- Adam Matthew
- AIP Publishing, LLC.
- Alexander Street Press
- Allen Press, Inc.
- Allen Press, inc.
- Alliance of Crop, Soil, & Environmental Science Societies (ACSESS)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Society for Microbiology
- Annual Reviews
- ARTstor / Shared Shelf
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- ASTM International
- Basch Subscriptions Inc., A Prenax Company
- Begell House Inc.
- Bloomsbury Academic / ICE Publishing
- Cambridge University Press
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Columbia University Press
- De Gruyter Inc.
- Digital Science
- Duke University Press
- EBSCO Information Services
- Edward Elgar Publishing Inc.
- Emerald Group Publishing
- Ex Libris
- Faculty of 1000
- Gale, Cengage Learning
- Geological Society and NRC Research Press
- Harvard University Press
- IGI Global
- Infobase Learning
- Informa Healthcare
- Ingram | Coutts Information Services
- INTELECOM Intelligent Telecommunications
- InteLex Corporation
- IOP Publishing
- ITMS Group
- Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE)
- Karger Publishers
- Maney Publishing
- McGraw-Hill Professional
- Mergent, Inc.
- Midwest Library Service
- Modern Language Association
- Morgan & Claypool Publishers
- Nature Publishing Group
- Oxford University Press
- Palgrave Macmillan
- Penn State University Press
- Project MUSE
- ProQuest (eBook Solutions)
- ProQuest (Library Technology Solutions)
- ProQuest (Online Content Collections)
- ProQuest (Research Management Tools)
- RAND State Statistics and EcoAméricas
- Rittenhouse Book Distributors, Inc.
- Royal Society Publishing
- S&P Capital IQ
- SAE International
- SPIE Digital Library
- Springer Science+Business Media
- Statista, Inc.
- Swank Digital Campus
- Taylor & Francis Group
- The JAMA Network
- The MIT Press
- The Video Project
- Thieme Publishers
- University of Chicago Press
- University of Virginia Press
- Wolper Information Services
- Wolters Kluwer Health | Ovid
- World Scientific Publishing Company
- WT Cox Information Services
- YBP Library Services