Baltimore , MD 21201 Location map
Baltimore Convention Center
2014 Joint Mathematics Meeting - Mathematical Association Of America (MAA) And The American Mathematical Society (AMS)
The largest mathematics meeting in the world is heading back to Baltimore's Inner Harbor, one of the most photographed and visited areas of the city and one of the major seaports in the United States since the 1700's. The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) and the American Mathematical Society (AMS) invite you to join them there for the next Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM). This will be the 97th annual winter meeting of MAA and the 120th annual meeting of AMS. The JMM will again host sessions by the Association for Symbolic Logic (ASL), the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM), the National Association for Mathematicians (NAM), and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM).
What to Expect from this Meeting
Top features of this meeting are:
- a comprehensive and rich scientific program geared toward mathematicians of all ages and levels of expertise;
- featured lectures that will include the AMS Colloquium Lectures by Dusa McDuff; the AMS Gibbs Lecture by Andrew Blake; AMS Invited Addresses by Emmanuel Candès, Christopher Hacon, Paul Seidel, and Horng-Tzer Yau; MAA Invited Addresses by Michael Starbird, Jill Pipher, William Dunham, sarah-marie belcastro, and Helaman and Claire Ferguson; Joint Invited Addresses by Benson Farb and Carl Pomerance; the Porter Public Lecture by Eitan Grinspun; and the AMS Retiring Presidential Address by Eric Friedlander.
- recognition of numerous mathematical achievements through Prize and Award Ceremonies;
- courses such as the MAA Short Course, the AMS Short Course, and the MAA Minicourses;
- many activities for students including the Graduate School Fair for undergraduate students;
- poster sessions for young mathematicians and undergraduate students;
- employment opportunities at the Mathematical Sciences Employment Center;
- the Mathematical Art Exhibition that includes works by artists in various media;
- the Who Wants to Be a Mathematician Competition that showcases the brilliance of ten of the nation's best high school math students
- exhibits filled with some of the leading scientific publishers, well-known computer hardware and software manufacturers, well-known health and lifestyle companies, companies offering mathematics enrichment products, and professional organization
The American Mathematical Society and Mathematical Association of America are pleased to invite leading publishers, vendors, and organizations to display their products and services at the 2014 Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM), the "Largest Mathematics Meeting in the World". It is a gathering of leading researchers in mathematics; innovators of successful programs or approaches in mathematics education; and mathematics majors, graduate students, and early career mathematicians.
Benefits for Exhibitors
Sharing and learning new information, strategies and initiatives in the mathematical sciences
Unique promotional and advertising opportunities to help increase your organization’s exposure
Connecting with current and potential authors
Cultivating prospects and building relationships
Engaging old relationships
Strengthening customer base
As the premier meeting of mathematical professionals, the JMM is the place for your company to be represented. Reserve space early to get prime space. Don't miss this ideal opportunity to meet and interact with thousands of mathematical professionals.
The AMS headquarters (pictured here) is in Providence, Rhode Island. The office in Ann Arbor, Michigan, produces Mathematical Reviews®, published online as MathSciNet, and the office in Washington, DC connects the mathematical community with the broader scientific community and with decision makers who determine science funding.
The Society's programs and services for its members and the global mathematical community include professional programs; publications; meetings and conferences; support for young scholars programs; tools such as MRef for researchers and authors; and a Public Awareness Office that provides resources to members, students, teachers, the media, and the general public.
MAA is the leading professional association in collegiate mathematics, the preeminent publisher of expository mathematics, the primary source of professional development programs for faculty, and the number one provider of resources for teaching and learning.
If the 2014 Joint Mathematics Meeting - Mathematical Association Of America (MAA) And The American Mathematical Society (AMS) is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
AMS - American Mathematical Society
201 Charles Street
Providence, RI 02904-2294
MMA / AMS
Exhibitor Information +