Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
Overview: SharePoint is a web-based document management and collaboration tool with robust search capabilities that has become a common feature in the corporate environment. Companies experience varying levels of SharePoint success and user adoption. Many SharePoint implementations fail with little user acceptance after a substantial corporate investment in software and hardware. Often the root cause of failure is because SharePoint is not an IT project, it is a Knowledge Management project with SharePoint as the technology platform for Knowledge Management. This seminar will delve into information taxonomy, findability, demystifying metadata and the death of folders, SharePoint Governance, and strategies for a successful SharePoint rollout.
The seminar explores SharePoint, Knowledge Management and the interplay between both. Seminar sessions will provide analysis and insight into:
- SharePoint defined and what it can do for your company.
- SharePoint Online vs. SharePoint On-premises
- What is Knowledge Management
- Findability, information taxonomy and metadata
- Some common uses of SharePoint
- SharePoint Governance
- Lessons Learned from successful SharePoint rollouts
Examples from successful SharePoint implementations will be provided along with lessons learned.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- SharePoint-not really an IT project
- Why SharePoint implementations fail, and how to ensure success
- SharePoint On-premises vs. SharePoint Online
- Findability, Taxonomy and Metadata
- Knowledge Management as a key to SharePoint Success
- Lessons Learned from successful SharePoint Projects
- SharePoint Governance
Why should you attend: Your CEO was meeting with some colleagues and found that many of them were using SharePoint. The CEO comes back to the office and asks IT why we don't have SharePoint and wants IT to set it up. What happens next can result in a costly investment with little user acceptance and bad PR for the IT Department, or a system that contributes to knowledge worker productivity.
There is a strong correlation between IT and SharePoint, but SharePoint is not an IT project. SharePoint is a technology platform for corporate information sharing and collaboration guided by Knowledge Management. IT must manage the SharePoint technology platform, but it is Knowledge Managers that implement and foster user adoption.
Some of the topics presented in this webinar cover:
- Learn why SharePoint is not an IT project (if it is to successful)
- SharePoint Online vs. SharePoint On-premises, what makes sense for your company?
- Where's my stuff: search, findability, metadata and the death of folders.
- How importance is SharePoint Governance?
- What is Knowledge Management and why is it important to SharePoint user adoption?
- I have SharePoint but now what do I do with it?
Who Will Benefit:
- IT Director, IT Manager
- Project Managers
- Business Unit Mangers
- QA Directors/Managers
- Document Managers and Knowledge Managers
About the Speaker:
Sr. IT Consultant, Machanoff CIO Services
Richard Machanoff is an Information technology leader with diverse, executive-level experience and a talent for identifying business requirements and delivering innovative cost effective IT solutions. As technology strategist, he works with top leadership to expand company capabilities and continuously improve efficiency. He has a track record of developing and implementing technology strategies that support organizational goals and streamline operations. His career highlights include:
- Building professional, reliable IT organizations from the ground up, architecting infrastructure and deploying business tools that generate significant savings.
- Designing and implementing systems that improve collaboration and deliver more accurate data to support core business functions, including several successful SharePoint implementations.
- Developing disaster recovery and business continuity plans that ensure ongoing operations and meet stringent regulatory and company policy requirements.
- Launching new telecommunications systems to reduce costs and improve connectivity across offices worldwide.
- Managing multimillion-dollar budgets and up to 200 staff involved in executing complex projects.
His 40+ years of experience include working in the federal, private and nonprofit sectors.
Mr. Machanoff holds a B.S. in microbiology, biochemistry, and chemistry from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and an M.S. in molecular genetics from the University of Tennessee Oak Ridge Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Oak Ridge. He is ITIL Foundations certified and currently holds an active US DOE Q clearance.
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the 2-day In-person Seminar: SharePoint - Not Really An IT Project? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||03/27/2014 - 03/28/2014|
|Conference/Event Hours:||8:30 AM to 5:30 PM|
|Primary Industry:||Business Technology|
|Other Industries:||Business Technology, IT, Network Security, Software, Technology|
IT Director, IT Manager
Business Unit Mangers
Document Managers and Knowledge Managers
|Venue:||Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at the Flamingo|
|Venue Phone:||(702) 697-2900|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.