Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
The Annual Meeting Program Committee and its dedicated Content Area Teams (CATs) have compiled a list of "must-have" program topics - timely topics that AALL members have identified as being vital to their professional education.
Top Five Reasons to Attend the Annual Meeting
1. Learn New Strategies and Techniques. This year’s conference offers more than 60 educational programs and workshops. Return to your library energized and armed with new money-saving and innovative techniques and strategies to benefit your library and users.
2. Strengthen Your Network. Learn from the thousands of your colleagues attending the conference as you meet and discuss in between sessions, on the Exhibit Hall floor, or while exploring San Antonio. You will be able to rely on your growing network of law librarians when you’re back in the office and struggling with a challenging user request or management situation.
3. Bargain with Vendors. Get a leg up as you talk with vendors and preview new products and services in the Exhibit Hall. Nearly 100 vendors will display their services in San Antonio, including legal publishers, bibliographic services, library suppliers, and much more.
4. Join the Profession. Newer members, you’re not alone. The Conference of Newer Law Librarians (CONELL) welcomes newer AALL members, introduces you to the Association, and helps you meet colleagues who are also new to the profession. You’ll start off the conference with an instant group of friends who will become a valuable network as you continue on in your career.
5. Advance Your Career. If you’re looking for the next step in your law library career, be sure to visit the AALL Career Center in San Antonio. Job seekers can explore current law library job listings, register your resume for potential employers to browse, drop off your resume with specific job openings, and schedule an interview for that perfect open position.
AALL members rely on the AALL Annual Meeting as one of their main resources for information on the latest issues, products and technologies that will impact their profession. By its very nature, the Annual Meeting attracts the top in the field to learn, network and explore the future on the exhibit floor. As they make their way through the exhibits they search for the tools that will help them be more effective in the daily management of their libraries and careers.
Representing approximately 5,000 members, AALL plans the Annual Meeting to meet the needs and interests of law librarians from across the country and is the largest gathering of its kind. This is your best opportunity of the year to meet face-to-face with more than 1,600 decision-makers who have the need and budgets for your technologies, publications, products, and services.
The American Association of Law Libraries was founded in 1906 to promote and enhance the value of law libraries to the legal and public communities, to foster the profession of law librarianship, and to provide leadership in the field of legal information.
Today, with nearly 5,000 members, the Association represents law librarians and related professionals who are affiliated with a wide range of institutions: law firms; law schools; corporate legal departments; courts; and local, state, and federal government agencies.
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the 111th AALL Annual Meeting & Conference - American Association Of Law Libraries.
|Conference/Event Dates:||07/14/2018 - 07/17/2018|
|Other Industries:||Associations: Trade / Professional, Business, Law, Publishing|
|Audience:||Librarian Professionals from Law, Academic, Federal, State, Court, or County, Private, & Others|
|Notes:||Past Attendee Statistics:
36% attend no other conference or exposition
55% Academic Library
22% Law Firms
18% Federal, State, Court or Country Library
2% Private Law Library
2% Public Library
3% Other (Association, Consortium, Consultant, Public, Self-Employed)
28% Reference/Research Librarian
22% Chief Librarian/Director/Dean/CIO
17% Associate/Deputy/Assistant Director/Chief of Branch/Supervisor
5% Technical Services Librarian
4% Public Services Librarian
4% Solo Librarian
3% Acquisitions Librarian
3% Catalog Librarian
3% Supervisor Librarian
10% Other (includes acquisitions, serials, documents, reference, research librarians, paraprofessionals and students)
Overall, 90%of the Annual Meeting attendees play a role in the purchase of products exhibited.
54% of attendees found new companies to do business with as a result of their time in the Exhibit Hall.
|Venue:||Baltimore Convention Center|
|Venue Phone:||(410) 649-7000|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Convention Center|
|Number of Exhibitors:||85+ (2014) (Previous Year)|
|Show Manager:||Hall-Erickson, Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Exhibit Space||$31.00 per sq. ft.||Electricity:||Yes||- Unknown Price|
|Open Corner||Additional $200 / Prices are subject to change.||Water:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.
2015 Exhibitor List: