Trade Show Marketing By The Numbers
Here are some interesting stats gathered through market research that reinforce why the power of social media marketing is a powerful tool for improving sales and trade show marketing results.
- 88% of attendees have not been seen a member of your company’s sales staff in the preceding 12 months.
- Seven out of ten attendees plan to buy one or more products
- 76% asked for quotes and 26% signed purchase orders (average from all shows)
- 72% of show visitors say the show influenced their buying decision
- 87% of attendees will share some of the information obtained at an exhibition
- 64% of attendees tell at least six other people about the event
- 58% attend only the show in which you are exhibiting
- 40% are first time attendees
- It costs 22% less to contact a potential buyer at a show than it does through traditional field sales calls
- 54% of exhibitors do not set objectives, and a much larger percentage have no formal process to either measure objectives or report about what happened at their events
If you have taken the steps to use social media to connect with people, develop relationships, and generate buzz for your trade show via social media, you can dramatically increase the amount of "warm leads" visiting your booth and increase the odds of closing a sale on the show floor. Learn more on how to maximize your social impact at your next trade show.
EventsInAmerica.com is a comprehensive directory of tradeshows, conferences, meetings and conventions in the USA and Canada. Search for free to find extensive details on thousands of upcoming shows. Add your event at no charge to get higher visibility, promotional value and leads from potential exhibitors and attendees. Click here to see an example of an event listing on EventsInAmerica.com. Add your Partner page to our list of trusted industry suppliers and venue operators. Add your Event Planner page to our list of trusted event and meeting planners.